MIST Graduate Certificate Programs
The Instructional Science and Technology Fully Online and Blended certificate programs are for professionals working in all levels of education, private industry, or governmental institutions, who wish to improve their knowledge and skills in designing effective and efficient instructional programs enhanced by interactive technologies. The certificate will allow students to be able to design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional programs, implement new teaching and learning technologies, and develop practical web-based design and project management skills.
The Certificate consists of 16 credit units: three required courses and two electives, with the certificate being able to be completed within an academic year.
All three courses are required for the certificate program: IST522 - Instructional Design IST524 - Instructional Technology IST526 - Interactive Multimedia for Instruction
Students must pick two: IST501 - Technology Workshop IST531 - Multimedia Tools I: Audio and Video IST - 541 Multimedia Tools II: Interactive Media
- October 1, 2017 - Application period opens for fall 2018
- December 15, 2017 - Priority application and document deadline
- January 15, 2018 - Final application deadline for applicants with any foreign coursework (applications may still be accepted after this date if space is available)
- January 22, 2018 - Priority application review and selection
- March 15, 2018 - Final Blended Application Deadline
- May 31, 2018 - Final Fully Online and Blended Certificate Application Deadline