General requirements for admission to graduate (and other post-baccalaureate) studies at any CSU campus are established by Title 5.1.3 of the California Code of Regulations and by university regulations.
Specific deadlines and requirements for admission to the MIST Blended program at CSUMB are outlined below. A complete application guide for the Cal State Apply - MIST application can be found here.
Deadlines at a Glance
- October 1, 2020 - Application period opens for Fall 2020
- December 15, 2020 - Priority application and document deadline
- January 15, 2021 - Final application deadline for applicants with any foreign coursework (applications may still be accepted after this date if space is available)
- January 22, 2021 - Priority application review and selection
- March 15th, 2021 - Regular deadline for applicants
- May 31st, 2021 - Any incomplete applications will be automatically denied admission
- June 15th, 2021 - Final deadline to submit all admissions documents, including transcripts and international documents if applicable.
- Students who are interested in beginning their studies before Fall 2020 can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore early enrollment options.
Complete and submit an application form at Cal State Apply and pay the application fee to CSUMB.
- In the Apply Online tab, select Graduate Admission Applications.
- Select Fall 2021 as the application term.
- Choose CSU Monterey Bay Graduate as the campus.
- For "Major/Program objective" select Instructional Science and Technology:Main Campus
- Follow directions for the application fee.
- Complete and submit the application.
After gaining access to the MIST program graduate application, you will upload the documents required for admission to the MIST program. These are as follows:
- Current resume/CV
- Email addresses for two (2) letters of reference
- Statement of purpose (1000-2000 words)
- All college transcripts (copies are acceptable) uploaded to your MIST application
- All original official college transcripts sent to the following address:
100 Campus Center, Bldg 47
Seaside, CA 93955
- TOEFL Examination and course by course Foreign Credential Evaluation may be required if you have international coursework or English is not your native language
After your Cal State Apply application has been submitted, you will receive an email from CSUMB with information on how to access your CSUMB username, CSUMB.edu dashboard and MIST program application. This process may take up to 5 business days.
After being admitted, you will need to confirm your enrollment by paying a $100 enrollment confirmation fee in your CSUMB student account. This fee is applied to your fall tuition.
- GRE (optional): We recommend that you take the GRE test to improve your competitive standing but it is not required. CSUMB's school code for ETS is 1945.
For questions regarding admission to the program, contact the Student Service Coordinator, Ryan Eller at (831)-582-4790 or email email@example.com For questions about curriculum, contact the MIST Blended Program Director, Dr. Miguel Lara at (831) 582- 5038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.