College of Business Internships
The COB Internship Excellence Program will help you secure a Monterey Bay area internship that complements your skills and career interests.
"If it weren't for my internship and all the networking I was exposed to, I don't think I would have ever been introduced to the company [I work for now] or had any ideas to work in that industry." -Michael Smith, Class of 2018
Step By Step Process:
- Register with us as a new prospective intern.
- Look for internships that interest you. Check out our Available Internships for some current opportunities.
- Check out CSUMB's Career Guide for advice on building your résumé, cover letter, and interview skills.
- Schedule an appointment for hands-on help polishing your résumé, cover letter, and interview skills.
- Apply for internships!
- Earn Academic Credit during your internship (optional, but valuable).
- Earn a Certificate of Internship Excellence after completing your internship
Tips for a Successful Internship
- Treat your internship like a permanent job
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Adhere to the agreed-upon work schedule
ACCESS Your Future!
Check out our Services and Resources webpage for great tools to help you with your internship and future jobs!
- Career Gateway: Explore career-related events and opportunities.
- Diamond Key Program: Learn about the program, its benefits, and upcoming events you can attend.
- CSUMB's Career Guide: Offers help on topics like exploring majors and careers, skill-building, job and internship searches, networking, building a résumé and cover letter, interviews, and job offers, and graduate school.
- Career Assessment: Take a quiz to find out more about industries and careers you might enjoy or exceed in.
Earn an Internship Excellence Certificate!
You can earn a Certificate of Internship Excellence! Just follow these easy steps:
- Register with us for help securing an internship.
- Submit a Student Information Survey once you have been hired.
- Complete your internship and submit a Student Feedback Survey.
- Ask your employer to submit an Employer Feedback Survey.
- Once your internship and all three forms are complete, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Internship Excellence from the College of Business.
If you have already completed an internship without registering with our program, you may still earn a Certificate of Internship Excellence by sharing your internship details through our Student Information Survey and Student Feedback Survey, and by asking your employer to submit an Employer Feedback Survey.
Telephone: (831) 582-5220 (email is better)
Location: Business Information & Technology (BIT) Building, Room 307