The American Language and Culture Program (ALCP) provides an opportunity to learn and/or enhance English from knowledgeable, friendly (ESL) experts. The program is for students who wish to improve their English skills for professional development or academic preparation.Información sobre ALCP en español
|4-Week Sessions||Students study American Language and Culture for 4 weeks|
|8-Week Sessions||Students study American Language and Culture for 8 weeks|
|16-Week (Semester) Sessions|
Students study American Language and Culture following the traditional academic calendar.
|Conditional Admission||Students may apply for the ALCP and a degree program at the same time. Once English language requirements have been met, conditionally admitted students will transition into university studies.|
|Customized Programs||ALCP also offers customized programs to CSUMB partners and group of participants. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about these programs|
Why choose ALCP at CSUMB?
- CSUMB's International Programs Office is staffed with dedicated people, passionate about helping international students.
- You'll be part of a friendly, residential campus and have many opportunities to make friends while improving your English.
- You'll receive assistance and advice should you choose to apply for full admission to CSU Monterey Bay.
- Students can enroll in ALCP without taking the TOEFL or other English proficiency test. In addition, students who wish to study English in an academic program at CSUMB, but do not meet the language requirements may apply for both the ALCP and conditional admission to a degree program. Once students meet the English language requirements they may apply to CSUMB and begin their studies.
- The friendly staff of the ALCP will help you to adjust to life in America and American culture. We offer ample opportunities on how to succeed in the U.S. and at CSUMB.
- ALCP students have multiple possible options for housing. Housing may be either in a supportive home stay family environment, or on-campus, within easy access to classrooms, dining facilities, sports facilities and much more. Housing is dependent on the selected program, start date and availability.
This is a SACM approved English Program.