School of Humanities and Communication
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Humanities and Communication is an interdisciplinary program that combines a variety of humanities and communication studies areas into one unique degree. Students complete a core set of courses including one each for outcomes in Ethical and Effective Communication, Social and Cultural Analysis, Engaged Creative Practice, and Humanistic Inquiry.
They then choose an area of concentration including:
- Communication Studies
- Creative Writing and Social Action
- English Studies
- English Subject Matter Preparation
- Ethnic and Gender Studies
- Historical Studies
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Legal Studies
- Philosophy and Applied Ethics
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Ethnic and Gender Studies (starting in fall 2022) gives you the intellectual knowledge and tools to be an agent of social change, to thrive professionally, and to flourish as a critic of social structures in the United States. Students in this major learn how multiple social identities – including ethnicity, race, class, gender, sexuality, and/or ability – intersect and shape our lives, contributing to our life experiences, our opportunities, and the challenges faced by members of our communities. Students complete a series of courses, including on in each core outcome for the major focusing on Cultural Expression/Representations, Communities and Social Movements, Historical Formations, and Theories of Race and Gender.
The School of Humanities and Communication also sponsors or co-sponsors the following minors:
The School of Humanities and Communication also accepts the following Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T):
- Communication Studies, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- English, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- History, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- Journalism, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- Law, Public Policy, and Society, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- Philosophy, AA-T to Humanities & Communication, B.A.
- Social Justice AA-T to Ethnic and Gender Studies, B.A.
Contact School of Humanities and Communication
Email: Send an email
Office Hours: Monday-Friday during business hoursFacebook Instagram