Sit Less. Move More.
There is ample evidence to suggest that too much sedentary time is not ideal for your health. Get up and simply move more throughout the day, even if you exercise... and especially if you don't! The possibilities are endless!
- Go for a 10-15 minute walk at lunchtime and bring a co-worker
- Get up from your desk every 30 minutes to stretch and walk down the hallway
- On the phone? Stand or walk around
- Try "walking meetings" when possible
- Use stairs whenever you can!
- Take a walk after dinner every night (recruit family and friends to join you!)
- Walk your dog every day! It's good for them too!
- Try out a smart phone app and track your steps
- If you can't walk or stand, try seated knee lifts, punches, or arm circles
- Binge watching a show? After every episode, get up and do an active chore (taking out trash, dishes, etc.)
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Download this document to get more great ideas and set goals for this week!