Student Emergency Fund
The College of Science Dean’s office, in conjunction with the Office of Financial Aid, provides funding for College of Science students so that they may apply for a small (up to $500) grant to assist with emergency expenses that endanger their enrollment/success at CSUMB.
Some examples of the appropriate use of this fund:
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, flood, theft, or natural disaster
- Emergency or temporary housing assistance
- Emergency auto repair
- Medications or costs related to emergency medical care (not covered by insurance)
- Assistance with rent or utilities due to an emergency situation
- Emergency transportation related to a family death or illness
- Other emergency situations that will impact a student's ability to fully participate in their academic career.
- Be in good academic standing (determined by current CSUMB GPA)
- Demonstrate how this assistance will enable you to stay and/or be successful at CSUMB
- Provide appropriate documentation to support your financial need
- Lack of financial resources to cover regular expenses (eg. rent, utilities, food, transportation etc.)
- Lack of financial resources to cover tuition and books
Submit an Application
Students are required to formally apply for these funds using the form below. Requests will be evaluated on both a first-come, first-serve basis, and on the nature of the emergency. To submit an application, complete the Student Emergency Fund application.