Student Emergency Fund
The College of Science Dean’s office, in conjunction with the Office of Financial Aid, provides funding for College of Science students so that they may apply for a small (up to $500) grant to assist with emergency expenses that endanger their enrollment/success at CSUMB.
Some examples of the appropriate use of this fund:
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, flood, theft, or natural disaster
- Emergency or temporary housing assistance
- Emergency auto repair
- Medications or costs related to emergency medical care (not covered by insurance)
- Assistance with rent or utilities due to an emergency situation
- Emergency transportation related to a family death or illness
- Other emergency situations that will impact a student's ability to fully participate in their academic career.
- Be in good academic standing (determined by current CSUMB GPA)
- Demonstrate how this assistance will enable you to stay and/or be successful at CSUMB
- Provide appropriate documentation to support your financial need
Submit an Application
Students are required to formally apply for these funds using the form below. Requests will be evaluated on both a first-come, first-serve basis, and on the nature of the emergency. To submit an application, complete the Student Emergency Fund application.