Computer Science Online Degree Completion
CSUMB admissions requirements
Upper Division Transfer Students
In addition to the completion of the CS Online prerequisties, Upper-Division Transfer students must be transfer ready in order to start the CS Online Program.
Transfer ready is defined as:
- Having 60 or more semester credits (90 quarter units) of transferable courses. These must include:
- At least 30 semester credits (45 quarter units) of general education courses with a grade of C or better
- The following four courses (commonly called "Golden Four”) with a grade of C- or better:
- English Composition
- Speech/Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- College level Mathematics course (with intermediate algebra as a prerequisite)
- Achieving a minimum GPA of a 2.00
- Considered to be in "good standing" at current or most recent college/university
CS Online is open to Post-Baccalaureate students or those who are seeking an additional bachelor’s degree. Post-Baccalaureate Students must meet the following requirements in order to meet eligibility to the CS Online Program:
- Must meet all CS Online Prerequisites
- First Bachelor’s degree cannot be in Computer Science
- First Bachelor’s degree must be the equivalent to a 4-year bachelor’s degree in the United States and must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Must be in good standing from the last college attended
- Overall GPA must be 2.5 or higher
CS Online program admissions requirements
Required for Admission
The equivalencies* of these courses must be taken prior to admission to CS Online.
Courses must be passed with a grade of C- or better. These can be taken at a community college or university.
Recommended for Admission
The equivalencies* of these courses must be taken prior to graduating from CS Online.
Applicants who have fulfilled these courses prior to admission will be given priority status over those who have not.
- CST 237 - Intro to Computer Architecture
- MATH 150 - Calculus I (Must receive a C- or better)
- MATH 151 - Calculus II OR
- MATH 270 - Mathematics for Computing OR
- Linear Algebra OR
- Advanced Statistics
- MATH 170 - Discrete Mathematics (Must receive a C- or better)
*Equivalencies: Students may use assist.org for guidance in finding community college & university courses that match CSUMB's required courses. Please verify all course equivalencies prior to application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
State-based admission limitations
California State University is in the process of requesting state authorization for our distance education programs. However, at this time we cannot accept students with permanent addresses from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Utah.
For additional information, please visit Accreditation and State Regulatory Authorizations.