Computer Science Online Degree Completion
How To Apply
Application Deadlines for Spring 2023
- Priority Deadline*
- July 8, 2022
- Final Deadline
- August 31, 2022
- Transcript Deadline
- September 9, 2022
*Complete application submitted, all official transcripts must be received, and all prerequisites and transfer ready requirements must be completed to qualify for the priority deadline.
To start your application, please visit Cal State Apply.
All official transcripts and AP/CLEP/TOEFL test scores must be received in order for your application to be considered complete to be reviewed.
If you have previously applied or were previously admitted to CSU Monterey Bay, you will need to re-submit all official transcripts to the CSUMB Admissions office.
- Official Electronic transcripts are preferred and result in shorter processing time. Please view the list of
third party vendors that CSU Monterey Bay accepts transcripts electronically from.
- Physical transcripts are acceptable, but please keep in mind that they can take up to 4-6 weeks for the transcript to be sent, mailed, delivered and processed.
- International transcripts must have a course-by-course evaluation and, if applicable, an English translation. Course-by-course evaluations can be requested by visiting one of the approved NACES members.
You can have physical transcripts mailed to:Office of Admissions – Cal State Monterey Bay
ATTN: Computer Science Online
100 Campus Center
Seaside, CA 93955-8001
NOTE: Transcripts that are submitted to CSUMB must be official transcripts. Transcripts should be sent directly from the originating institution to CSUMB's Office of Admissions; transcripts submitted by the student are acceptable if the transcripts are in the original, sealed envelope.
- Official Electronic transcripts are preferred and result in shorter processing time. Please view the list of third party vendors that CSU Monterey Bay accepts transcripts electronically from.
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/
The CSUMB Federal School Code is: 032603
If you have any questions specific to financial aid that is available for the CS Online Program, please reach out to the Extended Education Financial Aid Counselor at email@example.com.
Please be sure to provide the following information in your email so they can best assist you:
- Program of Interest
- Transfer Student or Post-Baccalaureate Student
- CSUMB Student ID (If possible)
Please check your email regularly for application updates. Admissions decisions will be sent via email and will also be reflected on your CSUMB Dashboard.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): If you have not yet filled out your FAFSA application for Financial Aid, please do so ASAP!
- Pay the $100 enrollment confirmation fee to reserve your spot
- 1. Log into your student dashboard and open OASIS.
- 2. Log into OASIS and view your Student Center
- 3. Under the "Finances" section, click "Make a Payment".
- 4. Under "Additional Links to Choose From:", click "Enrollment Confirmation".
- 5. Choose the term you applied for Enrollment Confirmation Fee (ex. Fall 2021 Enrollment Confirmation)
- 6. Finally, choose "Cal State Online Enrollment Confirmation Fee - and pay using your preferred method.
- Advising Appointments: Keep an eye out for a link in your email to book your first advising appointment with the CS Online Academic Advisor.
- NOTE: This advising appointment is required. Registration happens automatically within CS Online and you will not be registered if you do not complete your first advising appointment.
- CS Online Orientation: Mandatory for all CS Online admitted students. More information will be sent out via email by the academic advisor if you are admitted and reserve your spot.
State-based admission limitations
California State University is in the process of requesting state authorization for our distance education programs. However, at this time we cannot accept students with permanent addresses from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Utah.
For additional information, please visit Accreditation and State Regulatory Authorizations.