Computer Science Online Degree Completion
The CS Online degree completion program from California State University, Monterey Bay offers both solid computer science theories and hands-on software development practice.
This combination results in graduates exceptionally prepared to participate in the fast-paced information economy in jobs like:
- Software engineer
- Mobile app developer
- Technology project manager
While at CSUMB, students connect regularly with faculty, practicing professionals, and other motivated students in interactive learning experiences and collaborative projects.
- 24 months, fully online, perfect for working professionals or students who prefer an online learning experience
- CS Online is a degree-completion program: applicants must be " transfer ready" from another community college/university, or hold a bachelor's degree in a field other than Computer Science
- Students who already hold a bachelor's degree will still need to complete the CS Online prerequisites
- Cohorts are limited to about 35 students, ensuring students receive personalized guidance from faculty and advisors on their learning plan and career development
- Students participate in occasional video conferences with faculty, teaching assistants, and classmates.
Through these design features, CS Online students experience online learning that is individualized, socially connected, and academically supported throughout their study – one which we are told can be even more rewarding than the traditional on-campus environment!
- Courses cover a range of topics from programming and algorithms to database design
- Focus on applying theoretical concepts to solve real-world problems
- Curricula and course content are determined with regular input from an industry advisory board to ensure that graduates are prepared with the skills most in-demand by potential employers
- All students complete a comprehensive portfolio and a capstone project highlighting their accomplishments, further setting CS Online graduates apart when entering the technology job market
The CS Online program is taught by both full-time tenure track faculty and outstanding industry professionals. All hold advanced degrees, to assure the curriculum is academically rigorous and industry connected. Classes are infused with hands-on, real-world, collaborative projects to support student developing portfolios that demonstrate their knowledge and skills.