Summer 2020 applications Open October 1, 2019 with a priority deadline of February 15th 2020. Rolling admissions after the deadline depending on space available. (Program application can be closed once filled anytime after February 15, 2019). See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Special Education Program prepares professionals to develop and maximize the potential of individuals with learning challenges and their families. The program emphasizes preferred curriculum and instructional practices, basic and applied research, collaboration with general education partners, and direct service in local schools. To fulfill the mission, we offer the following:
- Preliminary Mild/Moderate Education Specialist Credential
- Preliminary Moderate/Severe Education Specialist Credential
- Clear Mild/Moderate Education Specialist Credential (through Master's program)
- Autism Authorization
- Certificate Program in Behavior Analysis
- Masters of Arts in Education with an emphasis in Special Education
- English Learner Authorization
The program's faculty provide leadership through partnerships with local educational and community agencies, active participation in national and international professional organizations, and through sustained collaboration with university professionals and colleagues.
Once you decide whether to follow mild-mod or mod-severe, there are two pathways through the Ed Specialist Credential Program to pick from:
**We currently do not offer a Masters + Ed Specialist Credential program.
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor