This page was updated on Jan. 14, 2021
The CSUMB Infectious Disease Response Team will update this page as information becomes available.
Spring 2021 semester
- CSUMB’s course delivery method will be through virtual instruction for the spring 2021 term.
- All employees presently working remotely or with alternate arrangements should continue these work practices through at least June 7, 2021.
Fall 2021 semester
- CSU announces return to in-person instruction for Fall 2021
- The CSU system is presently reviewing the process of shifting to primarily in-person instruction for Fall 2021. More information about the safety protocols, procedures, and impacts are forthcoming. CSUMB will work from the Chancellor's office guidance to implement the campus strategy. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. We will continue to post updates to this webpage as they are available and communicate directly to members of the campus community when actionable items arise.
Report COVID-19 positive cases at CSUMB
All students, faculty, staff, and on-campus contractors who have a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 and who had contact with a campus building, facility, or space in the past 14-days before their test must report immediately through the confidential and secure online form.COVID-19 positive case reportingCOVID-19 Safety Plan
Face coverings required
California Department of Public Health and the Monterey County Health Officer requires that all members of the public and workers must wear face coverings when not at home. Members of the Public must wear face coverings, cloth or home-made, when:
- Inside buildings or waiting in line
- Working in any business; some jobs may have other safety requirements
- Seeking healthcare or other health services from a provider
- Waiting for or riding public or other shared transportation
Our primary concern must continue to be for the health and safety of the students, faculty, and staff at CSUMB.
CSUMB response to COVID-19
All on-campus students are required to wear a face-covering when not alone inside their respective residence. Students must wear face-coverings on-campus, including when visiting on-campus service centers (ex. Student Services, Dean of Students office, Student Housing & Residential Life office).
All University and Corporation employees who work on campus are required to wear a face-covering when at work. The only exception is if an employee is alone in an office with the door closed and not in contact with any other employee, student, or member of the public. The University and Corporation will supply face coverings for all essential employees on campus. Managers have instructions for requesting facial covering supplies. Essential employees on campus who do not have face coverings should contact their manager, and CSUMB will supply them as needed.
All faculty and staff who have been requested to work remotely should continue to work remotely through at least June 7, 2021. The campus will continue to operate on a limited basis, and most university buildings are closed. All emergency personnel will remain in place to maintain a safe campus community.