Summer 2020 applications Open October 1, 2019 with a priority deadline of February 15th 2020. Rolling admissions after the deadline depending on space available. (Program application can be closed once filled anytime after February 15, 2020). See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Secondary Education Teacher Credential Program prepares students to teach in a Middle School or High School setting and obtain a California Preliminary Secondary Education Teaching Credential.
- Subject areas: Math (includes Computer Science), English, Social Studies/History, Science, World Languages (Spanish/Japanese)
- Integration of coursework and fieldwork
- Integration of theory & practice
- Field placement in diverse classrooms for the full public school year
- Co-teaching Model
- English Learner Authorization
- Internship Pathway Available
There are three pathways through the Secondary Education Credential Program:
- Traditional Co-Teaching Pathway
- Intern Pathway
- Masters of Arts in Education plus Secondary Education (Single Subject) Credential
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor