Department of Education and Leadership
Summer 2023 applications Open October 1, 2022. Rolling admissions through March 1, 2023 final deadline. See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Secondary Education Teacher Credential Program prepares students to teach in a Middle School or High School setting and obtain a California Preliminary Secondary Education Teaching Credential.
- Subject areas: Math (includes Computer Science), English, Social Studies/History, Science, World Languages (Spanish/Japanese/French)
- Integration of coursework and fieldwork
- Integration of theory & practice
- Field placement in diverse classrooms for the full public school year
- Co-teaching Model
- English Learner Authorization
- Internship Pathway Available
There are three pathways through the Secondary Education Credential Program:
- Traditional Co-Teaching Pathway
- Intern Pathway
- Masters of Arts in Education plus Secondary Education (Single Subject) Credential
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor