Spring 2020 applications open August 1, 2019 (Traditional Pathway only). Priority Deadline: October 15, 2019. Rolling admissions on a space available basis through December 1st. Summer 2020 applications Open October 1, 2019 with a priority deadline of February 15th 2020. Rolling admissions after the deadline depending on space available. (Program application can be closed once filled anytime after February 15, 2020). See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Elementary Education Program prepares students to teach in a K-8 classroom setting and obtain a California Preliminary Elementary Education Teacher Credential.
- Integration of coursework & fieldwork
- Integration of theory & practice
- Field Placement in diverse classrooms for the full K-8 school year
- Co-teaching model
- English Learner Authorization
- Internship Pathway Available
There are four pathways through the Elementary Education Credential Program:
- Traditional Co-Teaching Pathway
- Intern Pathway
- Liberal Studies Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Integrated Program Pathway, for undergraduate CSUMB Liberal Studies majors, which includes the traditional co-teaching model.
- Master of Arts in Education plus Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Credential
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor