Department of Education and Leadership
Summer 2023 applications open October 1, 2022. Rolling admissions open through March 1, 2023 final deadline. See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Elementary Education Program prepares students to teach in a K-8 classroom setting and obtain a California Preliminary Elementary Education Teacher Credential.
- Integration of coursework & fieldwork
- Integration of theory & practice
- Field Placement in diverse classrooms for the full K-8 school year
- Co-teaching model
- English Learner Authorization
- Internship Pathway Available
There are four pathways through the Elementary Education Credential Program:
- Traditional Co-Teaching Pathway
- Intern Pathway
- Liberal Studies Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Integrated Program Pathway, for undergraduate CSUMB Liberal Studies majors, which includes the traditional co-teaching model.
- Master of Arts in Education plus Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Credential
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor
Elementary Education - Course Sequence
Multiple Subject Credential Program - Recommended Course Sequences (Subject to Change)