Department of Education and Leadership
Summer 2022 applications Open October 1, 2021. Rolling admissions open through 3/1/22 Final Deadline. See deadlines posted in Cal State Apply.
The CSUMB Elementary Education Program prepares students to teach in a K-8 classroom setting and obtain a California Preliminary Elementary Education Teacher Credential.
- Integration of coursework & fieldwork
- Integration of theory & practice
- Field Placement in diverse classrooms for the full K-8 school year
- Co-teaching model
- English Learner Authorization
- Internship Pathway Available
There are four pathways through the Elementary Education Credential Program:
- Traditional Co-Teaching Pathway
- Intern Pathway
- Liberal Studies Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Integrated Program Pathway, for undergraduate CSUMB Liberal Studies majors, which includes the traditional co-teaching model.
- Master of Arts in Education plus Elementary Education (Multiple Subjects) Credential
For more information please contact:
Shawna Gannon, Recruitment and Admissions Counselor