Greater Vision 2018
Greater Vision is an annual event addressing contemporary issues in agriculture and society. The program is designed for students, professionals, and community members. Greater Vision is a collaborative project of CSU Monterey Bay and the Grower-Shipper Association Foundation.
2018 Greater Vision
2018 Greater Vision - The Farm of the Future: Ag Careers in Energy, Sustainability and Technology
Join us for an opportunity to engage in this year's Greater Vision forum. The focus this year is The Farm of the Future: Agricultural Careers in Energy, Sustainability, and Technology. Agriculture can open a world of career possibilities, and the demand for professionals in every agricultural area is high.
- 8:00 am: Doors Open - Coffee available!
- 8:30 am: Welcome & Introductions
- 9:00 am: Keynote Conversation - The Farm of the Future and the Changing Workforce - Dennis Donohue, Chairman, Grower-Shipper Association Foundation and Megan Nunes, Founder & CEO, Vinsight
- 10:00 am: Panel - Careers: Energy and Sustainability in Agriculture - learn about sustainable energy careers on the farm - Moderator: Rosie Armstrong, Director of Workforce Development: Agriculture and Healthcare Sector Partnerships. Hartnell College; Panel: Alyson Blume, Lead UX Developer, Wexus Technologies; Chad Forrest, CFO, Concentric Power; and Alejandra Sanchez, Sustainability Manager, Taylor Farms
- 11:00 am Panel - Careers: Technology in Agriculture - learn about careers in new technologies needed on the farm - Moderator: Abby Taylor-Silva, VP of Policy & Communications, Grower-Shipper Association; Panel: Jackie Vazquez, Director of Operations, Andrew and Williamson; Jennifer Skidgel-Clarke, Executive Director, California Leafy Greens Research Program; and Josh Ruiz, Director of Operations, Church Brothers Farms
- 12:00 pm Networking Reception - meet agricultural entrepreneurs one-on-one. Light refreshments available. Bring your resume.