Housing move-in: January 16th, 1-7 PM
You may arrive to campus 8 AM-7 PM
We also offer late move-in on January 15th from 1 pm-7 pm by appointment only. Please inform us immediately if you will not be arriving by January 16th
International students who will live on campus are scheduled to move into their residence halls earlier than other student groups. This allows for attendance at special events, including International Student/NSE Orientation, and provides extra time to adjust to campus.
Please note that if you arrive earlier than the housing move-in date, you will not be able to check in to your on-campus housing accommodations. If you have legitimate reason to arrive earlier than the housing move-in date, please notify us as soon as possible, because your housing contract begins on the housing move-in date, and your room will not be ready to move into until that date exactly.
Mandatory Orientation: January 17th, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM
This will be your first chance to experience everything CSUMB has to offer! Orientation provides valuable information to ease your transition to campus and life in the USA. All new international students in F-1/J-1 status (including transfer students from other U.S. schools) and National Exchange students are required to attend mandatory orientation sessions.
- Meet the International Center staff and other campus leaders
- Review your immigration documents and how to maintain status (non- U.S. citizens)
- Receive information about CSUMB and local community resources
- Learn about and sign up for welcome events
- Meet other new international and national exchange students
- Learn about Health Insurance and the Campus Health Center
- Meet with Academic departments
- Get your CSUMB username Card
- Take a campus tour
- Ask Questions!