Professional Development and CEUs
CEU registration information
CSUMB College of Extended Education collaborates with leading local educational providers to qualify their events for CEUs.
A Continued Education Unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized measuring method used to quantify approved learning during professional development and training activities. Events are qualified on the number of training hours provided:
- One (1.0) CEU is earned for 10 clock hours spent in a planned, structured learning experience or activity.
- For unit conversion purposes: One (1.0) CEU is equivalent to one (1.0) non-degree track quarter unit value.
- CEUs are not academic units and cannot be transferred to a degree program.
- Prior to registering, students should check with their district office or state licensing agency.
Check with your district office before registering. CSUMB advises that you check with your school district and/or state licensing agency to verify that CEUs are accepted and will meet your district and/or state requirements for salary advancement.
- Courses are numbered as Professional Development 700 series: CEU 700
- CEUs are not academic credits/units.
- CEUs are typically used for professional development proof of participation towards step increases. (10 clock hours = 1.0 CEU)
- View description, schedule, cost and CEU details within the online course section.
- Registration is accepted up to 30 days after the event ends. Register early and order your transcripts.
- Official student records are updated within CSUMB College of Extended Education, Professional Development student database. Official transcripts are available upon request.
- Make sure CEUs are approved for credit by your professional organization
- Make sure the event is qualified for CEUs
- Attend and participate in the qualified event
- Create a student account and purchase units through the Student Portal (csumb.edu)
CSUMB offers CEU credits for $70 per unit
Instructions for Creating a Student account, Purchasing CEUs and Ordering Transcripts
- CSUMB-EE issues an Official Professional Development Transcript, upon request. Please complete the Transcript Request Form located on the Professional Development Official Transcript page.
You may print an Unofficial Transcript from your student account at no cost.
Advancement Courses (ACT)
- Advancement Courses (ACT) online classes are no longer offered at CSUMB.
- For future registrations, please contact ACT directly: 800-762-0121
Virtual Education Software inc.
- Virtual Education Software, inc. (VESi) online classes are no longer offered at CSUMB.
- For future registrations, please contact VESi directly: 800-313-6744
Where to order official Professional Development transcripts? CSUMB-Extended Education issues Official Professional Development Transcripts upon request. To order your transcript, please follow this link and complete the Transcript Request Form Complete once per address. There is currently no fee for this process.
Available through our Educational Partners:
- Legal / Paralegal
- Reading Apprenticeship Program for middle and high school teachers (CEUs)