Prior to the add/drop deadline
Students may drop a class prior to the add/drop deadline date (see Academic Calendar).
- To add a class, obtain the Instructor signature on the Open University Registration Form and submit to Extended Education office.
- To drop a class, either drop the class online via CMS or complete the Open University Registration Form and submit to the Extended Education office.
Note: Students are responsible for requesting refunds to tuition.
After the add/drop deadline - withdrawal
- After the add/drop period any request to drop a class or classes will be considered a class withdrawal and is only considered for a serious and compelling reasons. The student must be able to provide supporting documentation for the reason. An approved withdrawal is not an "F" on the student record.
- To request a Withdrawal refer to the Withdraw procedures and submit appropriate forms to the University College and Graduate Studies. The Dean and Provost must approve the request.
- Medical/Military withdrawals should be turned in to the Office of the Registrar and do not require a Dean's Signature. All other withdrawals will need review and signature from the Dean of your College.
Note: Students are responsible for requesting refunds to tuition.View the Extended Ed Refund Policy