Extended Education offers a variety of online and text-based courses through our Educational Partner, Center for Legal Studies:
The Center for Legal Studies (CLS)
The Center for Legal Studies is a legal education company focused on providing students the most affordable and effective legal education possible. They deliver curriculum to students in online, DVD, and text-only formats to provide students with the flexibility necessary to achieve their academic goals while continuing with their everyday lives. The Paralegal Certificate Course© and Advanced Paralegal Course are available in a variety of formats to suit your schedule.
Note: The following course links will take you to CSUMB pages on legalstudies.com for more information and registration.
Students will receive a certificate of completion upon successful completion of the non-credit paralegal and legal course requirements.
Completing both the Core Requirements and the Advanced Requirements of the Paralegal Certificate Program provides comprehensive training and skills that should enable graduates to work in the quickly-growing paralegal profession. The two parts in combination have been designed to meet the requirements of the California Business and Professional Code §6450, legislation that took effect in California on January 1, 2001.
* California paralegals may need to complete Advanced Paralegal coursework to meet the requirements of California Business and Professional Code §6450.
- Advanced Legal Research and Writing
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate Course (Mediation)
- Employment Law Certificate Course
- Intellectual Property Law for Engineers
- Legal Investigation Certificate Course
- Legal Nurse Consultant Training Course
- Legal Secretary Certificate Course
- Medical Professional Legal Consultant
- Personal Injury for Paralegals
- Software Essentials for the Law Office
- Victim Advocacy Certificate Course