Excursions & Cultural Events
Each semester, the CSUMB International Programs office organizes cultural events and excursions for students to have a chance to explore California more easily and less expensively than planning a trip on your own. This is a great way to meet new people, see the sights on your bucket list, and enjoy an adventure with minimal planning!
To sign up, select the event you are interested in and hit the green "sign up" button. This will take you to an event page where you can provide payment online.
Events can fill up quickly, so be sure to sign up as soon as possible to make sure you don't miss out!
Enjoy the Golden Gate Bridge, shop till you drop at Union Square, and stroll the streets of the golden city!Sign up – $65
Join International Programs for a hike through the Pinnacles State Natural Reserve, where the views are so breathtaking you may never want to leave.Sign up – $15
Take a trip to our neighbor to the north, the lovely city of Santa Cruz. Stroll along the pier, ride the rides on the boardwalk, or lay out at the beach and take in the beauty of the central coast! Ticket includes an all day ride wrist band.Sign up – $55
Are you a thrill seeker? Or more of a water park kind of person? Or maybe you just love cotton candy and corndogs. Whatever your reason, it's nearly impossible not to have fun at California's Great America Amusement Park! With 8 roller coasters and dozens of other rides, games, and attractions, there is something for everyone.Sign up – $75
That really big National Park in Central California with all the flowing waterfalls, green trees and high cliff-tops with amazing views? Here's your chance to see it all for yourself! Join IP for a 2-day trip to Yosemite National Park and experience the adventure. No camping equipment required; we will be sleeping in tent cabins on real beds!Sign up – $210
Enjoy dozens of exciting international performances and unique cultural activities at the 4th Annual Language Capital of the World® Cultural Festival on Saturday, April 21, 2018 in the Custom House Plaza in Downtown Monterey.Sign up – $10
- The number of people who can go on each excursion is limited. Spots are available on a first-come-first-served basis, so sign up as soon as possible!
- Sign ups usually close 24 hours to 7 days before each excursion, so do not wait until the last minute to register.
- All payments must be made in full at the time of purchase.
- You can change your mind and get your money back up UNTIL seven days before the excursion. After that, you will not be refunded, although you can trade with another interested student (you will be responsible for communicating the change to International Programs staff and for exchanging money directly with the other student).
- You will pay for meals unless otherwise noted.
- All participants must sign a liability form before departure and all participants must abide by the rules and behavior code established. Excessive or illegal drinking will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to exclude students who do not abide by the rules from future excursions.