The UROC Researchers Program provides students opportunities to engage in paid/course credit research placements at any time during their undergraduate careers. The program supports CSUMB students from diverse social, economic, and educational backgrounds pursuing the intellectual, academic, and professional benefits related to engagement in undergraduate research.
UROC Researchers apply each semester to receive funding or course credit to support their engagement in undergraduate research. First time applicants submit a New UROC Researcher application; students continuing their research for subsequent semesters submit a Continuing UROC Researcher applications. See the Application Access & Deadlines webpage for when to submit your application. The UROC Researchers program is open to students of all majors.
Update to Researchers Program due to Covid-19
Please note that projects may be conducted in person or virtually, it will be dependent on your research mentor. If you choose to work virtually, please work with your mentor on a virtual research plan.
- Engagement with research mentors from within the CSUMB faculty or the Monterey Bay region.
- Students are eligible to receive a stipend as a UROC Researcher for a total of 3 academic terms (research terms do not have to be consecutive)
- Students may receive course credit for additional academic terms
- Individualized guidance towards research, graduate school, fellowships, and research applications.
- Opportunities to present research products at campus and national research presentation events.
- Access to additional research, travel, and scholarship opportunities through programs like CSU-LSAMP.
- Monthly cohort meetings
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Summer Researchers Program is a 10-week summer program where students will be conducting research and scholarship with the research mentor while also participating in a summer-long professional development or intensive writing seminar. These summer seminars designed to augment students' research experiences, strengthen research and professional skills, and prepare them for graduate school. Students will develop writing and professional communication skills, a suite of professional products, and are required to also present their research at the CSUMB Summer Research Symposium.
Please note: We anticipate the UROC Summer program for 2022 to run in-person, but could either be transformed into a virtual program or canceled if COVID-19 conditions require such.
- Application opens: March 23, 2022
- Application closes: April 28, 2022 at 3:00pm
- Student Notification: Late April
- Summer Dates: June 6 - August 12, 2022
- Summer Research Symposium: August 12, 2022