The CSU - Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (CSU - LSAMP) @ Monterey Bay Program
The goal of the CSU Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) @ Monterey Bay is to increase the participation of individuals who face or have faced social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The CSU LSAMP @ Monterey Bay program is focused on increasing graduate school preparedness and readiness for all LSAMP participants.
Looking for information about the CSU-LSAMP Costa Rica Summer Research Training Expedition?
- Enhance student performance, success, and retention in STEM disciplines; as well as maintain or increase bachelor’s degree production.
- Facilitate the transition of community college students in their first year of transfer to a CSU campus through activities that improve the retention rates of transfer students.
- Enhance student interest in research and careers in STEM, as well as enhance the global awareness of competitive CSU-LSAMP students.
- Increase the number of students who are admitted to graduate programs and obtain doctoral degrees in STEM.
Benefits of LSAMP enrollment
- research experiences
- textbook stipends
- GRE test fee and test prep resources
- graduate school visits
- travel scholarships
- research equipment scholarships
- funding for conferences
Download printable version of the above LSAMP flyer by clicking the link belowLSAMP Flyer
To be eligible for CSU- LSAMP students must:
- Be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled at a participating campus in an undergraduate major in STEM discipline or have expressed an interest in pursuing a STEM baccalaureate degree
- Be an individual from a minority group who has faced or faces social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM.
Provide as much detailed information as possible. This information will not be shared with anyone outside the CSU-LSAMP program. Submit to UROC in person (2nd floor, T&A Library) or by email to email@example.com.
CSU-LSAMP is funded through the National Science Foundation (NSF) under grant #HRD-1302873 and the Chancellor’s Office of the California State University. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author (s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation or the Chancellor’s Office of the CSU.
LSAMP GRE Test Fee & Test Prep Award
Starting in Fall 2018, the CSU LSAMP @ Monterey Bay program is offering an annual opportunity for LSAMP participants to apply for either the cost of one GRE General Test Fee or the cost of one GRE Subject Test Fee or the cost of 6 months of online Magoosh GRE Test Prep access.
Applications will be accepted using the online Google form below.
- Must be an undergraduate CSUMB LSAMP participant
- Must demonstrate financial need (Pell eligible or otherwise)
- Must be able to show proof of having taken or planning to take a GRE exam between October 2018 and September 2019
- Must articulate a justification or rationale for why the applicant needs this award
LSAMP participants may only receive this award one time during their undergraduate career. A maximum of 3 awards will be distributed per annual cycle. Test fees will be reimbursed to awardees. Magoosh online training will be purchased for the awardee.
Application opens: November 30th
Application closes: December 15th @ 5:00pm.
The application window is now closed.
Past GRE Award Recipients
|Daniel Olivares||Biology, EEO concentration||Fall 2018|
|Hadley Giebeler||Marine Science||Fall 2018|
|Maryam Nashed||Mathematics||Fall 2018|