College of Science

COS Van Use for Students

This page is intended for students that need information on driving vans for College of Science (COS) classes.

Faculty & staff may visit Van Use & Defensive Driving for Faculty & Staff.

In order to drive a COS van (which is a state vehicle), you must first be registered with the College of Science and the Driving on University Business (DUB) Program.

Please read this entire web page.

For information on becoming certified with the University Corporation (to drive the Watershed vehicles or on grant-related work), please visit the Corporation Defensive Driving Program website. Please note that the University (Stateside/DUB) does not accept the University Corporation driving documentation, including their defensive driving course. However, the University Corporation does accept the University (Stateside) defensive driving course. If you will be driving for both entities, it is better to complete the University (Stateside/DUB) requirements first.

Before being permitted to drive a van, all van drivers must have current approved driving status through Driving on University Business, and the College of Science. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver for class field trips, please contact the College of Science Defensive Driving Coordinator at In your email, please provide the name and section of the class or classes for which you plan to drive.

Keys will not be released to drivers unless all the correct driver paperwork is complete and up to date. Please contact if you are unsure of your driving status.