Learn how to register for classes, declare your major, apply to graduate, and other important processes.

Plan and choose classes

Create your learning plan

Use the schedule planner

Obtain permissions (if needed)

Add and drop classes

Register for a class

Register for Grad 699

Add yourself to a class waitlist

Add or drop a class after the semester has started

Withdraw from a class after the drop deadline

Withdraw from all your classes

Why you may be added to or dropped from a class

Repeat a class you've already taken

Register for two classes that are scheduled at overlapping times

Request additional units

Take a summer or winter course

Ask for an exception from university policy

Requests for exceptions may be related to the withdrawal limit, repeat limit, a degree requirement, or an add/drop from a prior term.

Take a class through another institution

Take a class through another CSU

Take a class at a California community college or UC

Participate in an exchange with MIIS or the UCSC Marine Program

Get credit for study abroad or exchange programs

Check the Study Abroad Course Equivalency database

Change your Major, Minor, or Catalog Year

Declare/Change your Major

Declare/Change your Minor

Select Your Catalog Year

Get grades, transcripts or progress toward degree


See your grades

Contest a grade

Incomplete grades

Allow others to access your academic records

Transcripts & diplomas

Order your transcript

Get enrollment or degree verification

Request a replacement diploma

Academic progress

See my transfer credit

Review my academic requirements report

Credit by exam

Qualify for the Dean's List

Learn more about academic probation

Learn more about academic disqualification and reinstatement

Petition for academic renewal

Apply to graduate

Deadlines & Fees

Commencement Ceremony Information

Contact a Graduation Counselor

Diploma Information

Bachelor's degree candidates

Master's degree candidates

Take time off

Take a leave of absence

Withdraw from the university

Update your contact information

Update Personal or Contact Information

Update Emergency Contact Information

Change your name or personal information

Change your name

Update your identity information

Update your residency status

Contact Classes & Planning

(831) 582-5100


Student Services