Skip to content

Withdraw from the university

Students wishing to cancel their enrollment at CSUMB with no penalty must do so by dropping all of their classes online prior to the start of term. Students are not able to drop all of their courses online after the start of term and must submit a Withdrawal Request form.

Withdrawal Request form
Download document

All withdrawals are now reviewed by the University College and Graduate Studies and should be submitted to the Administration Building.

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from CSUMB after enrolling for any academic term are required to follow the official withdrawal procedures. Failure to follow formal withdrawal procedure may result in the assignment of failing grades in all courses and the need to apply for readmission before being permitted to enroll in another academic term.

To formally withdraw from the institution, students must complete the withdrawal process by submitting the Withdrawal Request form, with attached supporting documentation and required signatures, to University College and Graduate Studies. Instructor signatures are required for forms submitted after the Add/Drop period.

Students wishing to withdraw from CSUMB after the Add/Drop period may request to do so for serious and compelling reasons; a grade of "W" will appear on the transcript for all approved course withdrawals after the Add/Drop period.

Students who are receiving financial aid funds must consult with the CSUMB Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing from the university regarding any refunds or repayments of grant or loan assistance received for that academic term. If a recipient of financial assistance under federal Title IV financial aid programs withdraws from the institution during a payment period the amount of grant or loan assistance received is subject to refund provisions governed by federal law.

Requests for refunds after the first two weeks of the semester are subject to Title V regulations (copy available at the Cashier's Office.)

Complete details on the withdrawal procedure.

Classes & Planning

(831) 582-5100