Classes and Planning

Visitor Enrollment

Students enrolled at a California State University may apply for a visitor's exchange to take all their classes at another CSU campus for one term. Classes are subject to space availability and regular application deadlines apply.

How to qualify for visitor enrollment

Undergraduate students

  • Student has completed at least one term at the home campus as a matriculated student and earned at least twelve units at the home campus.
  • Student has attained a grade point average of 2.0 in all work completed at the home campus and is in good standing at that campus.
  • Student is eligible to register under "continuing" status at the home campus.

Graduate students

  • The student has completed at least one term at the home campus as a matriculated student.
  • The student has been admitted to or is in enrolled in an authorized graduate program at the home campus.
  • The student was in good standing at the last college attended.

How to apply

Complete the application and submit it to the Registrar on the home campus at least four weeks in advance of first day of classes at the host campus. Earlier submission (up to three months before class begins) may improve registration opportunity.

Home campus completes part II of the Application and forwards to host campus if approved, or returns to the student if disapproved.

Host campus provides registration instructions if application is accepted, or returns application with explanation if it can not be accepted.

All required fees must be paid at the time of the "Visitor" registration.

Financial aid is available to visitors only through their home campus. Students eligible for Veterans, Rehabilitation, Social Security, and other federal, state, or county benefits must secure eligibility certification through the home campus.

Prerequisites and credit transfers

A record of credit earned at the host campus will automatically be sent to the home campus.

Evidence of completion of course prerequisites may be required at time of enrollment (i.e., transcript or grade reports).

Staying more than one term

To remain beyond the term in which you are a visitor, a regular application must be filed.

Visitor status will not be approved if the terms overlap on home and host campuses.

Concurrent enrollment at another CSU campus is not possible while in Visitor status, meaning you cannot take classes at more than one campus during that term.