Prevention & Resources
The Campus Health Center is dedicated to keeping the campus community aware of new and important health issues facing college students. These resources aim to keep the CSUMB campus up to date and involved in student health and wellness issues.
Please call (831) 582-4437 for information about providing classroom, club, and/or group presentations. We are also available to assist students with health-related reports, presentations, or projects. In order for us to better meet your deadlines, allow us at least a 2-week notice so that, if materials are needed, we have time to order and receive them.
Health choices website
- HealthCare.gov is a website that helps consumers take control of their health care and make the choices that are right for them. The website includes information on the benefits of the Affordable Care Act for Families and Children, Individuals, People with Disabilities, Seniors, Young Adults, and Employers.
Free Naloxone is now available by request at the Campus Health Center, complying with SB 367.
Naloxone is a life-saving medication that can reverse an overdose from opioids—including heroin, fentanyl, and prescription opioid medications—when given in time.
Learn when and how to use Naloxone.
- CSUMB Personal Growth and Counseling Center
- CSUMB Student Disability and Accessibility Center (SDAC)
- Access Support Network (HIV/AIDS support)
- Beacon House
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP)
- Doctors on Duty (DOD)
- Monterey County Health Department
- Monterey County Rape Crisis Center
- Natividad Medical Center
- Planned Parenthood
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System (SVMHS)
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College Health Association
- American Council on Science & Health
- American Medical Association
- California Treatment Center Directory
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- FindRehabCenters.Org - Free online tools to locate addiction treatment facilities
- Mayo Clinic
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PublicHealth.org - HIV/AIDS resources
- Quest Diagnostics
- Skincheck - the Melanoma Education Foundation
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services