The Campus Health Center (CHC) provides urgent, primary, and diagnostic care, as well as referral services to students, faculty, staff, their dependents, and guests of the CSUMB community. The CHC's staff of medical professionals is dedicated to meeting patient needs and promoting wellness and independence.
The CHC is open to meet the health care needs of the CSUMB community through in-person and TeleMedicine appointments. An online appointment scheduler is also available.
Attention: If you are concerned you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, please call 831-582-3965 before coming in to the CHC.
The medical professionals at the CHC are committed to responsible stewardship and providing health care within the highest ethical standards. Our primary focus is to assist students in achieving their academic goals by maintaining their health, providing health education and student advocacy, and promoting self-responsibility for wellness. We strive "to focus proactively on students' health enhancing behaviors and measures that aid student learning in ways that are not limited solely to problems, symptoms, or illnesses." (Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education [CAS] p. 83, 2003)
CSUMB, through a contract with Doctors on Duty (DOD), jointly manages the CHC. DOD is a network of urgent-care clinics providing health care throughout Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties. The CHC also collaborates with a number of local and regional health resources to provide a wide range of medical services.
The Campus Health Center is a department within Health & Wellness Services (HWS) at CSU Monterey Bay.
The CHC is a member of the American College of Health Association (ACHA) and the Pacific Coast College Health Association(PCCHA) a non-profit, regional affiliate of ACHA.
- CSUMB students who are enrolled full-time or part-time, have registered for the current term, and have paid on-campus health fees (all matriculated students). Students should bring their current student ID for no-cost or discounted rates.
- Student Veterans are welcomed and eligible for medical services as noted above. The VA Clinic near campus is located at 201 Ninth St, Marina, CA 93933 (831-884-1000).
- Distance Education Students: The staff of the Campus Health Center makes every attempt to provide medical services to our Distance Education students, up to the limits of the law, accepted medical practices, and professional ethics. We encourage you to take advantage of TeleMedicine appointments.
- CSUMB Faculty and Staff: Their insurance plans are billed for services provided at cost.
- Family Members of CSUMB students, faculty, and staff: Their insurance plans are billed for services provided at cost.
- Visitors: Services provided at cost.
You are strongly encouraged to call to make an appointment whenever possible to allow adequate time for evaluation and treatment. Walk-ins are accepted if time is available, but priority is given to previously scheduled appointments. Call 831-582-3965 or use the online appointment scheduler to schedule an in-person or TeleMedicine appointment.
For a medical emergency on campus, either use the campus emergency blue light phones or dial 911. If you are located in the university's Schoonover or Frederick Park residential neighborhoods or off-campus, dial 911.
When the CHC is closed and you do not have a medical emergency you may contact any healthcare facility of your choice. Also, you may go to one of the Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinics listed below for medical care. If a student goes to a Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinic for after-hours services, a current CSUMB student identification is required for no-cost or discounted fees. Payment is the patient's responsibility.
Students may access off-campus Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinic locations for services:
- Whenever the Campus Health Center is closed (e.g., weekends, holidays, winter break)
- Anytime the Campus Health Center refers a student to a DOD clinic for medical care. A written referral must be obtained from the Campus Health Center if the visit occurs between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- If the Campus Health Center is closed for unforeseen circumstances during regular business hours.
Location Address Phone Number Hours Salinas 1212 South Main Street 831-422-7777 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Doctors on Duty-Abbott 558 Abbott Street, Suite A, Salinas 831-755-7880 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed Doctors on Duty-Harden 1756 North Main Street, N. Salinas 831-443-8200 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed Monterey 501 Lighthouse Avenue 831-649-0770 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Seaside 1513 Fremont Boulevard, Suite E-1 831-899-1910 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed Marina 3130 Del Monte Avenue 831-883-3330 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed Watsonville 1505 Main Street 831-722-1444 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aptos 6800 Soquel Drive 831-662-3611 Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday: Closed Santa Cruz 615 Ocean Street 831-425-7991 Monday - Friday: 8 a.m to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Contact Campus Health Center
Building: Building 80, 6012 General Jim Moore, Marina, CA 93933
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Instagram