CSUMB Campus Community,
CalOSHA COVID-19 Prevention Non-emergency Regulation requires California employers to continue providing COVID-19 resources and guidance through 2/3/2025. CSUMB continues to comply with the regulations, by providing the following:
- COVID-19 testing available at no cost and during paid time to employees following a close contact.
- Free testing for outbreak (3+ positive cases in one work location) or a major outbreak (20+ positive cases in one work location) for employees, including to all employees in the exposed group.
- Investigate and respond to COVID-19 cases and employees directly impacted after close contact.
- Notify affected employees of COVID-19 cases in the workplace.
- Maintain records of COVID-19 cases and immediately report serious illnesses to Cal/OSHA and to the local health department when required.
- Provide effective C19 hazard prevention training to employees
- Provision of free masks and N95 respirators for the workplace
- Complete ventilation assessments
- Update and make available the CSUMB COVID-19 Prevention Plan document
The health and safety of our entire campus community remains our highest priority at CSUMB. Students and employees will be routinely reminded of the available resources and guidance, like the below.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms. Do not access any campus facilities (work, class, dining, etc) while experiencing cold-like symptoms and test for COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, submit a COVID-19 report. After submitting the form, remain available to speak to an Exposure Tracing Analyst, who will provide guidance on when it is safe for you to return to class or work, and will also provide information regarding the campus support services available while in isolation.
- If you have confirmed or believe you may have been exposed to a COVID-19-positive person you should also report and test within three to five days of exposure. While not symptomatic, close contacts should wear a mask in all indoor public spaces for up to 10 days and continue assessing for symptoms as recommended by the California Department of Public Health COVID-19 guidance.
- CSUMB is a mask-friendly institution, and continues offering free COVID-19 related resources and services, including:
- KN95 masks available in eight on campus locations
- Employees may individually request an N95 respirator or face shield by submitting an online form
- Single self-tests at the Campus Health Center
- Free boxes of 40 COVID-19 tests at The Hub
- Initial series and booster vaccines at the Campus Health Center by appointment
- Exposed locations and case totals are available on the COVID-19 Data webpage
Part of our Otter Pride is the care we express for each other. Please help us live the Otter Spirit.
Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management and Health and Wellness Services