The Health & Wellness Services’ Health Promotion and Education program encourages and enhances practices of wellness among members of the CSUMB community.
The goals of Health Education and Promotion are to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of issues related to personal wellness, including mental health, suicide prevention, sexual assault prevention, nutrition, eating disorders, reproductive health, and alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Facilitate the adoption and maintenance of positive health behaviors and wellness practices.
- Offer health education programs, information, and materials to students, and serve as a resource for staff and faculty.
- Promote awareness of Campus Health Center services and programs.
- Provide practical experience for peer educators, undergraduate and graduate interns, and other students interested in pursuing health-related careers.
The Health Promotion and Education staff includes experienced health professionals and nationally certified student peer educators. We provide presentations and trainings for students, campus-wide health promotion activities, health education materials, and referrals to campus and community resources.
If you would like to schedule a presentation for your class, residence hall, or student group, or would like information about the other services we provide, please contact Gary Rodriguez, Health Promotion and Prevention Manager, at (831) 582-4437 or email@example.com.
POWER - Promoting Otter Wellness through Education and Resources
The POWER Peer Education Program utilizes a peer-based harm reduction approach to promote healthy living among students at California State University Monterey Bay.
Peer Educators present dynamic, interactive workshops to their CSUMB peers and conduct outreach activities that encourage responsible lifestyle choices by increasing awareness and correcting misperceptions about various health and student life issues.
As friends, educators, activists, role models, and team members, Peer Educators strive to make a difference at CSUMB and within the surrounding communities.
As a component of the Health Promotion and Education Department, the POWER Peer Education program trains students to provide primary prevention education and health promotion to foster academic success and well being.
Outreach Activities and Events
The POWER Peer Educators provide an array of different outreach activities and events, including:
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness Week
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Are you interested in impacting the lives of other CSUMB students? Think about becoming a POWER Peer Educator!
Please contact the Health Promotion and Education Program staff for details and requirements.
Make a Difference in the lives of others and become a Peer Educator!