There are many ways to get involved with sustainability on campus. Different avenues provide different perspectives on how sustainability should be addressed. Here are some of the many ways you can get involved.
- Academics: Through different courses, labs, and projects, CSUMB is uniquely positioned to prepare students to understand and address sustainability challenges.
- Associated Students: Associated Students (AS) has a position dedicated to sustainability, The Sustainable Senator. Gain leadership and professional experience, advocate in representing student concerns about university committees, as well as local and statewide legislative bodies, all while receiving a monthly stipend.
- Resident Advisors: Resident Advisors (RA's) play an important role in promoting sustainability within resident and student life.
- Service Learning: Many organizations are pleased to offer students opportunities through service learning. These organizations include: Return of the Natives, Saves the Whales, Everyone's Harvest, and MEarth.
- OtterJobs: Students can search for sustainability positions on-campus as well as off-campus jobs on one online portal.
- UROC: The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC) allows students to do scientific research with a facility mentor.
- Clubs: Clubs offer students the opportunity to engage with like-minded students about topics of interest to them. See the linked site to find more information about student clubs. Check MyRaft for the most updated student organization information.
- MyRaft: MyRaft is CSUMB's student engagement platform. Not only will you use this to register for events, but also to join CSUMB’s many student organizations, connect with departmental resources and services, and interact socially with other students on the feed and through chat.
What is the Sustainable Graduation Pledge
The Sustainable Graduation Pledge is part of a global campaign that motivates and encourages graduating students to live an environmentally and socially conscious life. Taking the pledge means that you are willing to improve upon sustainable practices in your life, community, and work.
Why Take the Pledge?
CSU Monterey Bay is dedicated to encouraging its students and alumni to be active sustainability leaders in their local communities, careers, and personal lives. Graduation is an achievement to celebrate as a degree carries a responsibility and privilege for action. We encourage you to embrace that responsibility by committing to embedding sustainability into your post-grad journey - whatever it may mean to you. Taking the Sustainable Graduation pledge means that you are a part of transforming a society that is equitable for all people and for the planet.
Thinking of hosting an event? Let's make it sustainable!
Find out how to do so here.