Welcome to the Monterey Bay REU Program
California State University, Monterey Bay offers a 10-week REU in the beautiful Monterey Bay Region. Students collaborate with mentors at local host institutions to develop hypothesis-driven projects and receive critical feedback from mentors.
2020 Dates and Details
- The application for Summer 2020 will be available November 13, 2019 - February 1, 2020
- 2020 Program dates are June 07–August 15 (including travel days)*
- $5,000 stipend, travel, and housing support are provided by the program.
- This program targets sophomore and junior-level students.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- See our Program page for more information!
- Application deadline is February 1, 2020.
- More details on the application process is on our Application Page.
Curious to learn more?
You can check out our many research adventures in our weekly summaries, told through students' photos, tweets, instagram posts and more. For current news and information check out our Facebook page.
Funding provided by
Funding for this REU site is provide by the National Science Foundation’s Division of Ocean Science's located in Arlington, VA. (Award #1359488) The NSF contact for this program is Elizabeth Rom. NSF does not handle REU applications; please contact each REU site directly for application information.
*Pending 2020 NSF REU funding renewal