Classes and Planning

Office of the Registrar

Transfer Credit

  • Articulation is a formal agreement between two or more colleges or universities documenting the transfer policies for a specific academic program or degree in general. Basically, articulation identifies how courses from other campuses count toward degree requirements at CSUMB. Information about transfer agreements and major preparation at all public California community colleges can be found at

  • Students may receive CSUMB credit from courses completed at other institutions. Generally, students will receive course credit for baccalaureate level courses completed at regionally accredited two year and four year institutions. 

    Students will receive credit for transferable coursework completed at other institutions. General Education CSU GE Breadth credit will be given for courses that align with CSUMB General Education (GE) Requirements. 

    Undergraduate students may receive up to 70 semester units of transferable work from a two-year institution. Students with more than 70 units of transferable coursework, will see an adjustment on their transfer credit report subtracting units over 70 from your record. This will not impact completion of your GE requirements. There is no limit on transferable units from four-year institutions.

    Posting of transferable coursework takes place after you have indicated your intent to enroll at CSUMB.

  • College credit may be earned by taking a CSU accepted external exam, such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP).

    Your transfer credit tools will show how credit by exam from tests such as AP, IB, and CLEP are applied to your CSUMB student record.

    Visit the credit by exam webpage to see detailed information about the passing scores, minimum units of credit earned, and certification area (for General Education Breadth and/or U.S. History, Constitution, and American Ideals) awarded for successful completion of standardized external exams. More information about the amount of credit awarded for successful completion of AP, CLEP and IB exams can also be found in the Academic Credit and Assessment Policy and in the CSU Systemwide Credit for External Exams policy.


  • Military Credit

    College credit may be given for military training or job duties as listed on an official military transcript. The amount of credit granted is determined using the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations, along with our own evaluation. The amount of credit granted will vary by student. Military credit is often vocational in nature and will not replace academic credit.

    Nursing NCLEX Examination Credit

    If you are seeking a Nursing degree, CSUMB allows up to 30 units of credit from the NCLEX examination: one unit of academic credit for every unit of the required pre-licensure community college nursing course credit that has not already been given equivalent degree credit. Duplicate credit is not awarded. The amount of credit is based on individual student needs and determined by department review and approval. Additional information about NCLEX examination credit can be found in the Systemwide Nursing Policy (EO1084).

  • Transfer Credit Report

    Your Transfer Credit Report will show each of the transferable courses you completed at your prior institution(s) and how those credits are applied to your CSUMB student record. To access your Transfer Credit Report, login to OASIS from your dashboard. Choose Self Service, then choose Transfer Credit from the drop-down menu list.

    If you have any questions about your Transfer Credit Report, please contact your Academic Advisor.

    Academic Requirements Report (ARR)

    The Academic Requirements Report is an interactive tool that allows you to review up-to-date details regarding your progress toward degree completion. The Academic Requirements Report matches all of your completed and enrolled courses at CSUMB and any external coursework and credits from other institutions, including exams (e.g. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate) and other credits (e.g. military credit), to your current academic program(s) requirements. Additional information about accessing the Academic Requirements Report can be found on the OASIS Help page.