Academics Requirements Report
Click here for Additional Assistance Logging into the CSUMB Dashboard
The Academic Requirements report is an interactive tool that allows you to review current and up-to-date details regarding your progress toward degree completion. The Academic Requirements report matches all of your completed and enrolled courses at CSUMB and any external coursework and credits from other institutions, including exams (e.g. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate) and other credits (e.g. military credit), to your current academic program(s) requirements.
My Academics page
For general information about Academic Requirements, What-If Reports, Transfer Credit, Course History, to view your advisor, or to view your unofficial transcript use the following navigation:
Navigation: Main Menu > Self-Service > Student Center > Academics Section > My Academics
Academic objective and summary
- Current Academic Objective box has your official program and plan objectives. Notice that the Requirement (Catalog) Term column displays the catalog requirement year for each of your objectives. These catalog years are the basis of your Academic Requirement Report. The Expected Grad Term will have a notation under Graduation Status of Applied, In Review, etc., if you have filed a Request to Graduate with the Office of Registrar.
- Current Academic Summary box displays the last term you registered, your academic standing, and your Overall and CSUMB GPAs.
- The Print Report link provides a printer-friendly print capability.
Please Note: Advisor Notes link will appear when your Advisor has posted notes for you to view.
General information and icon legend
The Academic Requirements report is designed to enable you to focus on your progress toward completing your degree as well as provide information to assist your advisor. The features that allow a quick scan of the report include:
- The report’s display expands the unmet degree requirements; while the completed degree requirements are collapsed. You may alter the view by clicking either the collapse all button, or the expand all button.
- Icons are used throughout the report for a quick view of the completion status of degree and the sources of the course credit. A legend is provided to explain the icons.
- General information allow students to gain knowledge about the purpose/usage of the academic requirements report.
Academic requirements categories
The Academic Requirements report organizes requirements called Requirement Groups. The requirements are clearly separated by blue bars:
The light-blue bars represent specific requirements.
The darker-blue bars represent groups of requirements.
- General Education Requirements undergraduate General Education (GE) requirements.
- Language Requirement notifies students of the completion status of their Language Requirement
- CSU Degree Requirements Outlines specific requirements the CSU requires to obtain a degree
- First Year Seminar (FYS) Allows you to see if this requirement has been met
- Minimum GE Units The "Taken" column includes all GE units earned, in-progress and outstanding, such as those graded "I". This total will change if you drop in-progress classes or fail to complete classes graded "I". At this time, this total does not reflect adjustments to transfer credit totals which bring earned units to a 70 unit limit from 2-year schools
- Total Undergrad Earned Credits The "Taken" column includes all units earned, in-progress and outstanding, such as those graded "I". This total will change if you drop in-progress classes or fail to complete classes graded "I"
- Academic Program Requirements – designates the requirements for a specific academic objectives major(s), minor(s), and concentration(s). Certificates are not tracked in OASIS and won't appear in the report.