Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
Helping people live longer, happier, and healthier lives!
Strengthening the quality of life of the diverse communities with whom we live, work and serve through collaborative and community-informed education, research, training and service.
Creating health, fitness and well-being in a socially just environment that honors equality, inclusiveness, cultural responsiveness, and active community engagement.
- We are committed to excellence in ethical practice and professionalism.
- We value innovative and passionate teaching and engaged learning.
- We strive for the highest standards in quantitative and qualitative scientific inquiry and presentation.
- We are driven to action by our commitment to student, faculty, and community excellence.
- We pledge to engage community in collaborative leadership, in effort to create culturally responsive environments that foster well-being.
- We honor the resilience of those who are the first in their families to attend college and advocate for family inclusion in the educational experience.
- We advocate for the needs of the underserved and marginalized through community based participatory research and direct service.
- We recognize the contributions of cultural capital to academic success.
- We value our legacy of service to our country and embrace the opportunity to promote health, fitness and well-being.