Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
About College of Health Sciences and Human Services
The College of Health Sciences and Human Services offers undergraduate degrees in Collaborative Health and Human Services, Kinesiology and Nursing, and with a variety of concentrations and minors, as well as a graduate degree in social work. Students can study topics as wide-ranging as international or environmental health policy, nonprofit management, and more.
Strengthening the quality of life of the diverse communities with whom we live, work and serve through collaborative and community-informed education, research, training and service.
Creating health, fitness and well-being in a socially just environment that honors equality, inclusiveness, cultural responsiveness and active community engagement.
- We are committed to excellence in ethical practice and professionalism.
- We value innovative and passionate teaching and engaged learning.
- We strive for the highest standards in quantitative and qualitative scientific inquiry and presentation.
- We are driven to action by our commitment to student, faculty and community excellence.
- We pledge to engage our community in collaborative leadership, in an effort to create culturally responsive environments which foster well-being.
- We honor the resilience of those who are the first in their families to attend college and advocate for family inclusion in the educational experience.
- We advocate for the needs of the underserved and marginalized through community-based participatory research and direct service.
- We recognize the contributions of cultural capital to academic success.
- We value our legacy of service to our country and embrace the opportunity to promote health, fitness and well-being.