Zero Waste Move Out
Sort it, don't trash it! Participate in CSUMB's biggest waste diversion event of the year!
Moving out? SORT your waste, recyclable and reusable items into the appropriate container.
In 2016 staff helped insure 9.73 tons of recyclable material and 4.75 tons of reusable materials were diverted from the landfill. That's 14.48 tons that would have gone to the landfill but were diverted for reuse or recycling. Unfortunately, 20 tons were still sent to the landfill.
Donation bins are available in the following residence halls:
- Area 1 Residence Hall Breezeways
- Area 2 Residence Hall Lobbies
- Promontory B Cyber Cafe
- North Quad (Pinnacles, Vineyard, & Strawberry)
East Campus Garage Sale:
Will be held Saturday, May 12th, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Frederick Park I & II and Schoonover. Email Noah Sforza firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
If you are NOT graduating, you will need to be checked out of your spring assignment by 12 Noon, on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
If you ARE graduating, you will need to be checked out of your spring assignment by 12 Noon, on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Reducing waste through reuse and recycling lowers our campus greenhouse gas emissions and helps us comply with several goals and regulations:
- American College and University President’s Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
- CSUMB Climate Action Plan
- AB 32 – California Global Warming Solutions Act
- CalRecycle diversion requirements and
- Engaging the campus community in waste reduction and sustainable educational opportunities
- Lightly worn clothing
- Unopened & non-perishable food
- School supplies
- Bedding, sheets & towels
- Storage containers
- Cleaning products
The Graph shows the amount of tonnage that was donated, recycled, and landfilled in 2016.
- 52% of waste was landfilled
- 48% of waste was donated or recycled
The Graph shows the amount of tonnage that was donated, recycled, and landfilled last year in 2017.
- 62% of waste was landfilled
- 38% of waste was donated or recycled