Housing Appeal Request
The purpose of the Housing Appeals process is to provide students with an unbiased review of their dispute of housing and/or meal plan charges, requirements, or policies as outlined in the Housing Appeals process. The Housing Appeals Committee will review submitted appeals for any housing and/or meal plan-related financial charges, requirements, or policies according to this process.
What you need to know about the Housing Appeals process
- Submitting a Housing Appeal does not mean your appeal will be granted.
- Housing appeals are reviewed at least once per month. We make every effort to review them as quickly as possible, but do not guarantee that you will receive a decision immediately. Assuming all documentation is in order, it is our goal to complete appeal reviews by no more than 30 days after submission. Additionally, times that the university is closed or on break may also delay these processes.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. Failure to provide adequate rationale and supporting documentation may result in the delay of your request being considered or denial of your appeal. Providing supporting documentation is highly encouraged and may include, but is not limited to, financial documentation, letters of support, transcript information, and/or legal notifications.
- All terms, conditions, and related fees in the housing license must be followed until the committee has sent you a written approval for your appeal.
- The appeal must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the specified charge being posted to the student's account.
The Appeals Process is NOT used for:
- Room Transfers
- Community Standard Concerns
- Request for an Emotional Support Animal
- Damage Charge Appeals
- Setting up Payment Plans or requesting payment extensions
These have other forms or processes to complete and are not to be submitted as a Housing Appeal.
How to fill out the Housing Appeal form
- Read this page and, at the bottom, you will find a link to access the Appeal form for your request.
- Fill out the form and provide a detailed explanation as to the reason for your request. Also, upload any necessary documentation that you feel will best support your request. This may include financial documentation, letters of support, transcript information, and/or legal notifications.
- It is important to note that all submissions must be through the corresponding link at the bottom of the page.
- After the committee meets and makes a decision, you will be notified via email of the committee’s decision.