How to Apply
Finding the perfect place to live is an important part of your college journey, and we're here to make the process as seamless as possible. Whether you're a new student looking for your first on-campus housing experience or a returning student seeking accommodations for the upcoming year, we are here to help. We'll walk you through the steps and ensure you have a comfortable place to call home during your academic adventure.
|New Student Application 2024-25 Dates
|App and Roommate Group Early Bird Deadline for Freshmen
|Freshmen Early Bird Assignment Notifications
|General Assignment Notifications
Steps for Applying
- Sign into your MyHousing Dashboard.
- Open the New Student App and pay your $200 reservation fees.
- Fully complete and submit your housing application.
For step-by-step instructions on how to apply, watch our New Student Housing Application Walkthrough.
Room Type and Roommate Preferences
The housing application is your chance to:
- Indicate your preferences for the area and room type. Preferences are not guaranteed, but we will do our best to assign you according to availability.
- Request specific roommates or make no selection, and we will assign them for you. Roommate preferences are not guaranteed, but we will do our best to assign you together.
MyHousing Dashboard Login Issue
If you are a newly admitted student and are getting an error when accessing your MyHousing Dashboard, please note that it may take 48 hours after receiving your CSUMB credentials for our system to update and make the MyHousing Dashboard available to you.
If you do not have access to the New Student Application, it may take up to 7-10 business days to process your enrollment confirmation fee payment before the New Student App is available in your MyHousing Dashboard. If you are still experiencing issues after this time, please reach out to Admissions to confirm and verify that your enrollment confirmation fee payment has been processed.
Current Resident Applicants
These instructions are for new residents only. If you are a current resident, you will apply through Reservation Days.