Health and Safety
It is the goal of California State University Monterey Bay to provide a safe and healthful environment for students, employees and visitors. The University, through this Safety Committee, supports that goal by addressing safety concerns and providing communication between interested parties.
The Committee meets as often as necessary to fulfill its obligations, but not less than once per semester. Meeting minutes are available for review by all employees. If employees who are not committee members would like to attend a meeting, please email email@example.com for more information.
Committee actions include assessing safety information and recommending corrective actions to faculty, staff, students or campus administration.
The Safety Committee derives its authority from:
- An ethical obligation to protect students, visitors and staff.
- The obligation of the University to provide a safe and healthful workplace (OSHA General Duty Clause).
- The obligation of the University to provide an illness and injury prevention program including a safety communications system and procedures for correcting unsafe/unhealthy conditions (Labor Code Section 6401.7 and California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 3203).
- CSU Executive Order 1039 California State University Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- Maintain a campus community that is a safe and healthy environment for students, faculty, staff, affiliates and visitors.
- Provide a forum for review of safety and health concerns, major incidents, and recommendations for improvement and corrective actions.
- Increase campus awareness of safety and health issues and programs.
- Evaluate campus public safety programs, identify gaps, and make recommendations for change or adoption programs.
- Promote communication regarding health and safety issues between all relevant campus entities.
- Review information related to safety including: injury and occupational illness reports, accident reports, safety suggestions/alleged hazardous conditions, external regulatory inspections, internal health/safety/environmental inspections.
- The Committee shall meet bi-annually except that additional meetings may be called as deemed necessary by the chair to assure timely consideration of matters before the committee.
- The Committee may request technical assistance as necessary from subject matter experts within the campus community.
- The Committee shall receive administrative support from the University Police Department.
Media Production Specialist, Lecturer
Cinematic Arts & Technology, Unit 2 firstname.lastname@example.org Melanie Chavez Associate Director of Employee & Labor Relations, Compliance & Leave Programs Human Resources email@example.com Timothy Collins Senior Coordinator of Recreation Intramural & Rec Sports, Unit 4 - Academic Professionals of California (APC) firstname.lastname@example.org Monica Conner Office Coordinator for Student Life Dean of Students, Unit 7 email@example.com Jason Filice Information Technology Consultant Tech Support Services, Unit 9 firstname.lastname@example.org Damian Flores Laborer Shipping & Receiving, Unit 5 email@example.com Ken Folsom Emergency Manager University Police Department firstname.lastname@example.org Ana Hernandez Senior Director of Health and Wellness Services Health & Wellness Services email@example.com Anthony Huff Associate Director of Maintenance & Operations Maintenance and Operations firstname.lastname@example.org Chief Earl Lawson Chief of Police, Director of Public Safety University Police Department email@example.com David Ledesma VP of Financial Affairs Associated Students firstname.lastname@example.org Pablo Morales Automotive & Equipment Mechanic Automotive, Unit 6 email@example.com Elizabeth Miller Police Officer University Police Department, Unit 8 firstname.lastname@example.org Mitchell Reid Academic Environmental Health & Safety Specialist Environmental Health, Safety, & Risk Management email@example.com Linda Schaedle ADA Leaves & Workers' Compensation Analyst Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org Andy Sierra Facilities Manager for Corporation & Auxiliary Services Facilities Management email@example.com Amy Thomas Director of Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Management Environmental Health, Safety, & Risk Management firstname.lastname@example.org Arianne Tucker Health & Safety Specialist Environmental Health, Safety, & Risk Management email@example.com Julie Wyrick Director of Campus Planning & Development Planning Design & Construction firstname.lastname@example.org