Health and Safety
The Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management Department provides University employees with guidance and support to promote and integrate health and safety into all University activities.
Pursuant to Chancellor’s EO 1039 and OSHA the division:
- Maintains a transparent system for hazard communication.
- Develops systems to recognize employee compliance with safe and healthy work practice regulations and recommends disciplinary action for failure to do the same within the authority and pursuant to specific bargaining unit contracts.
- Provides consultative advice and recommendations on best management practices to promote workplace health and safety.
- Implements procedures for identifying workplace hazards, reviews and investigates incidents, and recommends timely correction of unsafe conditions.
- Develops appropriate training programs in compliance with Chancellor’s Office and OSHA mandates.
- Tracks and assures the currency of required federal, state and regional permits for hazardous materials storage, dispensing, use and disposal.