Health and Safety
We promote the ergonomic health of CSUMB employees by coordinating training, self-assessment, and evaluations, as needed. Ergonomic evaluations are provided for employees if they need additional assistance after they have performed self-assessments or for those with injury-related needs.
Requests for ergonomic furniture should be placed through the Facilities Management work order system. Please include a description of any specific areas of concern.
Ergonomic assessments and training are designed to analyze an employee’s workspace, equipment, body mechanics, posture, and job flow to promote a more efficient and productive worker. Employees are encouraged to perform self-assessments of their workspace using the tools below.
- SumTotal Training
- Introduction to Ergonomics and the Self-Assessment
- Computer Workstation Self-Assessment Checklist
- How to Make Your Desk More Comfortable
- Healthy Workstation Guidelines
- Back Safety: Things you can do to keep your back safe and healthy.
- Back Pain: Factors that contribute to back pain.
- Basics of Good Lifting: Lifting techniques to prevent back injury.
- Stretches and Exercises: How to stretch your hands and wrists, neck and shoulders, back, and eyes.
- 5 Free apps to help remind you to take a break
- Set up your workstation for success - VIDEO - NEW
- Ergonomic Tips for Remote Work - Presentation - NEW