The purpose of the CSUMB Tax Information Website is to provide to the university a one-stop resource of tax information that is pertinent to university operations. It is developed and maintained by the CSUMB Tax Committee. The Tax Committee’s mission is to encourage and facilitate Campus-wide tax compliance. Members of the Tax Committee are available and willing to assist departments with their tax questions and to provide one-on-one and small group training sessions, as well as Business Operation Forums, to the Campus Community.
In January, 2010 the CSUMB Tax Committee presented information at the Business Operations Forum about University Contracts & Taxation.
including highlights on:
- Service Agreements, including Guest and Consultant compensation
- Taxation on Goods and Services
Taxation on goods
- Taxation on Software Purchases, License & Maintenance Agreements
- Procurement Cards; Tax Determination
Taxation on services; employee vs non-employee
- Fringe Benefits
- Independent Contractor Determination
- Non-Employee tax; State and Federal
- Nonresident Alien (NRA)
Please send your questions to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org