Facilities Management


The Facilities Management Department oversees building maintenance, locksmithing, event setup, mail delivery, landscaping, custodial, space planning, facilities development, design, and construction. The services we provide fall into two categories: Routine Maintenance and Non-Routine Services. For a full list of our services please see below.

Routine Maintenance 

Routine or “day to day” Maintenance are services that Facilities Management staff provide that do not add to, change, or alter the current physical environment.


  • Vehicle Inspections
  • Minor Repairs
  • Fuel
  • Electrical Fleet

Building Service Engineers

  • HVAC – Heating & Air Conditioning
  • Climate Control
  • Refrigeration


  • Fencing
  • Flooring
  • Fixtures
  • Roofs
  • Repairs


  • Lightbulbs & Lighting Issues
  • Circuit Breakers
  • Receptacles

Event Support

  • Tables & Chairs
  • Set up


  • Restrooms
  • Classrooms
  • Offices
  • Public Areas


  • Keys
  • Key Card Readers 
  • Re-Keying

Mail delivery - staff & faculty only


  • Equipment
  • Furniture
  • Fixtures


  • Touchups
  • Repainting
  • Graffiti Removal

Pest Control

  • Relocation
  • Intrusion


  • Leaks
  • Floods
  • Unclog Drains
  • Restroom Fixture Repairs

Shipping & Receiving


  • Regular Upkeep of Grounds

Non-Routine Services

Campus Planning & Development is responsible for the planning, design, and construction of campus facilities, or Non-Routine Services which change, alter, or add to the campus’s physical environment. The Planning and Development team initiates and develops projects, plans and studies as needed.

Space Planning

  • Office Moves
  • Space Requests 
  • Furniture
  • Building & Space Information 
  • Signage

Energy and Utilities

  • Electricity
  • Natural Gas
  • Sewer
  • Potable Water 
  • Industrial Hot & Cold Water
  • Efficiency Improvements
  • Usage Monitoring

Campus Planning

  • Projects
  • Concept Design
  • Building Permits
  • Property & Easements
  • Habitat Management


  • ADA Compliance
  • Management
  • Feasibility
  • Code Compliance


  • Major & Minor Capital Projects
  • Construction Zones
  • Inspections
  • Bidding & Contracts


  • Fallen Tree/Branch Removal
  • Beautification
  • Irrigation Issues

When to Submit a Service Request

Submit a service request  for all Routine Maintenance and Non-Routine Services, including moving computers, phones, or faxes. Depending on the type of service requested, an Intake Form may be required. 

If you have a maintenance emergency please call 831-582-3700 and then submit a service request. 

Examples of a maintenance emergency could be:

  • Water over flowing or flooding
  • Electrical smell or sparks
  • Natural gas smell – If you think you smell natural gas, immediately call the University Police Department and then Facilities

All Non-Routine Service Requests require an Intake Form (formerly known as the Project Intake Form or PIF) with submission. The form must be filled out in its entirety included a funding source and a Dean or AVP Signature. A request will not be considered without an intake form attached or if the form is not filled out completely. 

Note: All non-move issues related to computers, internet, phones, or faxes must go through the Information Technology Department by submitting an IT Ticket.

How to Submit a Service Request

1. Complete all Required Sections

Enter the title of the request such as, "Cold in building". Add additional information about the request or request a specific date and time the work needs to be completed by. 

Select the Department. If you are not sure if it is for a State or Corporation department, the "?" next to the option has additional information.

Fill in your contact information.

Select the location of where the issue is. You can use the search function to quickly search for a specific location. For example, type "Library". 

Be as detailed as possible.

2. Attach any Pictures or Documents

Our service request and work order system allow you to attach pictures or documents. If you are submitting a request from your desktop, you will be able to select the picture or document. On mobile devices, photos can be added from your camera or gallery. You also have the option to crop and markup your photo for additional context. If your request requires an Intake Form you will attach it here.

3. Submit your Request

Click Submit!

An image of the California State University Service Request Form that says,


How to Check Your Requests

Check all of your open and completed requests by clicking on Check Service Requests You've Submitted. Enter in your email and click submit.

Note: The first time you check your Service Requests, you will be asked to verify your email.

Helpful Tips: 

  • Write down or save your Service Request number. You can use it as a reference if you need to call x3700
  • Please allow Facilities Management 24 business hours to respond before checking the status of your Service Request 
An image of the California State University Service Request Form that says,


Access Request Form Keys

Access requests are made by the requestor to gain or change key and/or card access to buildings or offices. Fill out the access request form and get your supervisor's approval prior to submitting the work request.

For more information regarding Access Request, please review the page.

Have Questions?  Call 831-582-3700 or send an email to FM@CSUMB.edu