The Master of Social Work (MSW) Program at California State University, Monterey Bay is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education offering both two year and three year program options in completing a total of 60 units. The course schedule accommodates working students with classes from 4 pm – 10 pm, and 960 hours of field education.
Our MSW program highlights include:
- Highly qualified, multicultural, multilingual, diverse and prepared students
- A curriculum that is responsive to the realities of social work practice, reflective of the strengths of our region’s communities and informed through reciprocal learning relationships with community partners
- Outstanding, experienced, committed faculty, engaged in the classroom and community
- Graduates with 100% job placement rates
- Alumni who are transformative leaders in agencies and communities and who shape the culture of social work practice in the region
- Special emphasis on serving the region’s many Latino communities
Our students train in dynamic human service organizations such as hospitals, non-profit agencies, prisons, county behavioral health, child welfare and social service departments, and schools.