The Master of Social Work (MSW) Program at California State University, Monterey Bay is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education offering both part-time and full-time program options in completing a total of 60 units. The course schedule accommodates working students with classes from 4 pm – 10 pm, and 960 hours of field education.
Our MSW program highlights include:
- Highly qualified, multicultural, multilingual, diverse and prepared students
- A curriculum that is responsive to the realities of social work practice, reflective of the strengths of our region’s communities and informed through reciprocal learning relationships with community partners
- Outstanding, experienced, committed faculty, engaged in the classroom and community
- Graduates with 100% job placement rates
- Alumni who are transformative leaders in agencies and communities and who shape the culture of social work practice in the region
- Special emphasis on serving the region’s many Latino communities
Our students train in dynamic human service organizations such as hospitals, non-profit agencies, prisons, county behavioral health, child welfare and social service departments, and schools.