The Master of Social Work (MSW) Program at California State University, Monterey Bay is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education offering both two year and three year program options in completing a total of 60 units. The course schedule accommodates working students with classes from 4 pm – 10 pm, and 960 hours of field education.
Our MSW program highlights include:
- Highly qualified, multicultural, multilingual, diverse and prepared students
- A curriculum that is responsive to the realities of social work practice, reflective of the strengths of our region’s communities and informed through reciprocal learning relationships with community partners
- Outstanding, experienced, committed faculty, engaged in the classroom and community
- Graduates with 100% job placement rates
- Alumni who are transformative leaders in agencies and communities and who shape the culture of social work practice in the region
- Special emphasis on serving the region’s many Latino communities
Preparing the next generation of social workers
Our students train in dynamic human service organizations such as hospitals, non-profit agencies, prisons, county behavioral health, child welfare and social service departments, and schools.
Real World Experience
Alumni Success Story
The Department of Social Work manages seven grants working to educate the next generation of social workers while also helping to introduce social work to the surrounding areas. Relationships have been developed with local high schools and community colleges in the hope to spark an interest in social work in the attending individuals.
Through hard work, the welcoming nature of the local community, and your generous donation the MSW Program is able to continue offering an exemplary graduate education. Any and all support is greatly appreciated!Donate to MSW ♥