Service Leadership Opportunities
CSUMB College Corps
We are accepting applications for an exciting new program, #CaliforniansForAll College Corps, a statewide program to reduce college debt and support students who serve the community. In 2023-2024, join 3,200 other College Corps Fellows from across the state who will receive a living stipend and educational award in exchange for working in the community through your service learning courses, an essential part of your CSUMB experience. As a College Corps Fellow, you will receive training and support to join the next generation of civic leaders.
What you will receive:
- $10,000 to help pay for college
- $7,000 or $5,500 in a living allowance
- $3,000 or $4,500 in an educational award
- An opportunity to serve the community through impactful service, with guidance from staff and faculty
- A team dedicated to providing you with leadership opportunities and training
- A chance to network with College Corps Fellows from across California in conferences and various training
As a CSUMB College Corps Fellow, you will:
- Enroll in special CSUMB College Corps service learning courses in Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
- Serve in the community for about 12-15 hours per week through the academic year and commit to 450 hours of service between August 2023 and June 2024.
- Impact the community by:
- Fighting climate change with nonprofits in local communities
- Working with teachers to implement ethnic studies curriculum
- Mentoring and supporting students in civic action projects
- Supporting youth in arts development
- Tutoring, mentoring and supporting students in writing, math, physical education
- Providing recreational and skill-building activities to support student well being
- Building activities to support student well being
Undocumented students (with or without employment authorization) are ESPECIALLY encouraged to apply.
You must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A full-time undergraduate enrolled at CSUMB.
And meet ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
- Qualify for Federal Pell grant
- Qualify for State Cal Grant or Middle-Class Scholarship
- Need to work part-time and/or borrow student loans to meet educational costs
- Undocumented with or without employment authorization
- February 27, 2023 - Priority Deadline for Application
- March 2023 - Interviews and Selection
- April - May, 2023 - Background Checks
- May 2023 - Welcome Ceremony
- August 15 - 18, 2023 - Orientation and Training
- August 21, 2023 - Program Begins
- June 2023: Program Ends
Spring 2023 sessions:
- February 24th, 3-4 pm
- March 1st, 3-4 pm
Located at the Service Learning Institute, building 44. (Across from the university center.)
The deadline to complete the application is March 27, 2023. Complete the online application.
For More Information:
To receive more information and be placed on a mailing list, please complete this form.
- Read about CSUMB's College Corps at Monterey Herald
- Read about the College Corps at CSUMB News, LA Times
- Watch California College Corps: Our Next Generation of Leaders
- Follow us on Social Media
If you have any questions, please contact Evens Lanot at email@example.com