Service Leadership Opportunities
CSUMB College Corps
We are accepting applications for an exciting new program, #CaliforniansForAll College Corps, a statewide program to reduce college debt and support students who serve the community. In 2023-2024, join 3,200 other College Corps Fellows from across the state who will receive a living stipend and educational award in exchange for working in the community through your service learning courses, an essential part of your CSUMB experience. As a College Corps Fellow, you will receive training and support to join the next generation of civic leaders.
What you will receive:
- $10,000 to help pay for college
- $7,000 or $5,500 in a living allowance
- $3,000 or $4,500 in an educational award
- An opportunity to serve the community through impactful service, with guidance from staff and faculty
- A team dedicated to providing you with leadership opportunities and training
- A chance to network with College Corps Fellows from across California in conferences and various training
As a CSUMB College Corps Fellow, you will:
- Enroll in special CSUMB College Corps service learning courses in Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
- Serve in the community for about 12-15 hours per week through the academic year and commit to 450 hours of service between August 2023 and June 2024.
- Impact the community by:
- Fighting climate change with nonprofits in local communities
- Working with teachers to implement ethnic studies curriculum
- Mentoring and supporting students in civic action projects
- Supporting youth in arts development
- Tutoring, mentoring and supporting students in writing, math, physical education
- Providing recreational and skill-building activities to support student well being
- Building activities to support student well being
AB540 ELIGIBLE STUDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
You must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A full-time undergraduate enrolled at CSUMB.
And meet ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
- Qualify for Federal Pell grant
- Qualify for State Cal Grant or Middle-Class Scholarship
- Need to work part-time and/or borrow student loans to meet educational costs
- Are an AB540 Eligible Dreamer
- February 27, 2023 - Priority Deadline for Application
- March 2023 - Interviews and Selection
- April - May, 2023 - Background Checks
- May 2023 - Welcome Ceremony
- August 15 - 18, 2023 - Orientation and Training
- August 21, 2023 - Program Begins
- June 2023: Program Ends
There are no Meet and Greet sessions scheduled at this time. Please check back later or sign up on our interest form for updates
The priority deadline to complete the application is February 27, 2023. Complete the online application.
For More Information:
To receive more information and be placed on a mailing list, please complete this form.
- Read about CSUMB's College Corps at Monterey Herald
- Read about the College Corps at CSUMB News, LA Times
- Watch California College Corps: Our Next Generation of Leaders
- Follow us on Social Media
If you have any questions, please contact Evens Lanot at email@example.com