Community Partner Information
- Partner Orientation Recording
- Updates, Process Overview, Forms, & Resources slide presentation
- Prepare for the Community Partner Opportunity Week (CPOW) fairs and virtual events.
- Prep for receiving and onboarding service learners!
- Prepare to receive and process students’ requests
- Prepare to thoughtfully select students to bring into your organization
- Prepare to onboard and orient your selected service learners (see “Orienting Service Learners” below)
- Review and sign students’ Learning Agreements via links sent to site supervisor’s email address from CalState S4 (firstname.lastname@example.org). We suggest allowlisting this email address to make sure messages are not blocked in spam filters. View the helpful tutorials for partners on all things CalState S4 (our partner and placement database) here.
View the general timeline for students.
A printable version of this document is available.
Students require a carefully structured orientation to your agency, staff, and clients. Introduce them to staff, provide a tour of the facility, and discuss emergency policies, accident procedures, and the rules and regulations of the site. Explain your mission and familiarize students with key community and societal issues facing your organization (i.e., "the bigger picture"--why you do what you do and how the student can contribute to this end). Use the "Orientation Checklist for CSUMB SL Partners" provided to help you plan your orientation.
For your reference, here are the documents provided to Student’s Rights and Responsibilities and Participation Guidelines.
Virtual Drop-in Sessions
Drop-in sessions allow service learning students, community partners, and faculty to ask questions and get placement support or CalState S4/MySLP help.
Drop-in sessions will become available at the start of every semester and conclude during finals week.
Faculty/Community Partner "Office Hours"
Tuesdays and Fridays from 12-1 pm.
Hosted by SLI Coordinator of Community Partnerships, Tritia Moneypenny, the office hours will begin Tuesday, August 29 and conclude Friday, December 15, 2023. (except Nov 17 - 28 for Fall Break).