CSU Monterey Bay’s Office of Institutional Assessment and Research (IAR) coordinates the collection, analyses, and dissemination of campus information to maximize our educational effectiveness and institutional vitality in support of our campus vision statement. Our mission is guided by a question-driven framework that emphasizes the values of inquiry, observation, reflection, analyses, improvement, and integrity as cornerstones for the building of a culture of evidence.
- Serving as the principal source for official campus statistics
- Providing accurate and timely response to the informational and data needs of the campus
- Supporting a wide range of data collection, analyses, and dissemination in support of planning and policy making for institutional and external stakeholders
- Collaborating with key functional units (such as the President’s Office, Academic Affairs, Enrollment and Student Services, Finance, and Sponsored Programs) on research and analytical reports to facilitate decision-making
- Coordinating and administering university-wide student surveys to inform policy and decision-making, and providing survey support in the form of survey design and analyses consulting for campus units
- Complying with Federal, State, Regional Accreditation (WASC), non-governmental organizations, and CSU System reporting requirements
- Developing and sustaining reporting systems and processes to ensure data uniformity, integrity, and accuracy
- Collaborating with IT and Student Information Systems to develop and support campus Data Warehousing
- Periodically reviewing the administrative functions of IAR for effectiveness and efficiency to serve the university mission better
Help us improve csumb.edu
Thanks for helping us improve csumb.edu Spot a broken link, typo, or didn't find something where you expected to? Let us know. We'll use your feedback to improve this page, and the site overall.