Please read the following rules and regulations regarding meal plan changes, and then contact our office at (831) 582-3378 or send us an email if you need to make a change to your meal plan.
|Who||Request Timing||Effective Date|
|All Students||Can request change of plan within first 2 weeks (but no later than the add/drop date.)||Within 7 days of formal request to Student Housing.|
|Students transferring between Residence Halls and North Quad / Promontory||After room transfer is completed, student can request to change or cancel the plan, but effective date is only allowed if exception to policy due to extenuating circumstances.||Response within 7 days of paperwork submitted to Student Housing, may be effective during the semester or at end of semester.|
|All Students||Can increase a plan (or if you have no plan, can add a plan) at any time prior to last 2 weeks of semester once during the semester.||Within 7 days of formal request to Student Housing.|
|Students with Optional Plans||After first two weeks, student can request decrease, or cancel plan.||Beginning of next semester.|
|All Students||Can request any other change of plan.||Beginning of next semester.|
- All Freshman must have either Seaside 7, Seaside 5, or Waves 215 Residential Meal Plan.
- All students living in Residence Halls and North Quad Suites must have one of the five residential meal plans.
- Any student without a meal plan who transfers into Residence Halls or North Quad Suites will be required to have a meal plan effective with the room transfer date.
- Cancellation of the dining plan will be permitted only under the most adverse circumstances that renders it unreasonable for Dining Services to continue for the duration of the license. If you wish to cancel, please return to your academic year Housing Application to cancel your meal plan.
- There are no refunds or plan changes for any reason during the last two weeks of any semester.
- Charges and refunds are prorated based on a daily charge for meals and flex, and the exact amount of flex used prior to plan change. All charges (including any administrative fees) and refunds are applied to the student's account.
- Students may have only one dining plan at a time, either a residential or a commuter meal plan.
- Student Housing will work to process any change requests as soon as possible by end of next business day after receipt of request. Unless otherwise noted above, changes may be effective no later than seven days of notice.
- Emails will be sent to student as soon as changes have been made in the system and new plan is available; changes and charges will take a few more days to show up in your account.
*Please note - If you have a dietary restriction concern, please contact the housing office so we can assist you through the process.