Canceling prior to the designated license period
Students wishing to cancel their housing applications (Main Campus or East Campus) will have to fill out Cancel Housing Form which can be found revisiting your application in MyHousing. More information on this is in your License Agreement.
- The Licensee may request cancellation of a License for the living unit, including the Dining Plan, for any reason by giving written notice to University at least thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the License Period, which would be on or before July 18, 2018, for fall semester and on or before December 19, 2018, for spring semester.
$100 is designated as a Student Housing Deposit and may be retained by the Corporation/Student Housing in the event of cancellation, in whole or in part, as described below:
If the University receives the cancellation request:
- Prior to or on May 31 for fall semester licenses, or prior to or on December 1 for spring semester licenses the Reservation Deposit will be returned; or
- Between June 1 and July 18 for fall semester licenses, or between December 2 and December 19 for spring semester licenses, then $75 of the Reservation Deposit will be forfeited and $25 will be refunded.
- If the request is received, between July 19, 2018 through August 16, 2018 for fall semester and between December 20, 2018, through January 18, 2019 for spring semester (less than thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the License Period) and University approves the request and then the $100 Reservation Deposit is forfeited to University.
- If the request is received after the August 17, 2018, move in date of the fall semester and the January 19, 2019 move in date of the spring semester (the move-in date of each semester) but prior to occupancy, and the University approves the request and then the $100 Reservation Deposit is forfeited to University and Licensee is subject to a $250 cancellation fee.
If you cancel your application while on a wait list or have yet to receive your assignment, the above cancellation charges will not apply to you.